Centennial School District’s Autism Services support school staff by supporting special education teachers, general education teachers, educational assistants, administrators, and any other staff needing support. The Autism Consultant will work with students identified as have an eligibility of Autism Spectrum Disorder or those the staff thinks may be eligible under this category.
- Individual or group consultation on student progress, behavior, and academic programming.
- Training for school staff.
- Attending special education meetings when requested to support teams in working with students with autism.
- Providing access to resources.
- Modeling and coaching specific strategies or working on creating independence and fading prompts.